JANUARY 3, 2021 | EASTERN PILOT The Ohanaeze Youth Council (OYC), Imo State Chapter after a critical deliberation/meeting held at Christ t…
The Ohanaeze Youth Council (OYC), Imo State Chapter after a critical deliberation/meeting held at Christ the Good Shepherd event Centre on 28th December, 2020 with dignitaries such as Prof Uzodinma Nwala President Alaigbo Development Foundation(ADF) Amb. Uche Ajulu-Okeke(Nnemmonwu Ada Ezumezu) former Ambassador of Nigeria to South Africa, Dr. Nkem Mbamelu(City Newyork University), Prof Protus Uzoma(University of Uyo) and Barr. Ndukwe O. Ndukwe Chairman of the Eastern Cooperative Finance Mandate Group among others in attendance as Guest Speakers, OYC holistically look at the unfolding matters in the forthcoming Ohanaeze Ndigbo election zoned to Imo State, hereby resolved as follows that:
1. The South-East governors should stay clear from Ohanaeze Ndigbo electoral process, cease to impose their candidate on Ndigbo and jettison all the plans to rig the election.
2. All the constitutional provisions and democratic process must be followed to conduct the election.
3. The Nnia Nwodo led executive council should reconcile with the Secretary general Barr. Uche Okwukwu to call a legal and constitutional Ime-Obi meeting within 7Days.
4. All the meetings of National Executive Committee, Ime-Obi and General Assembly that was not summoned through Barr. Uche Okwukwu, the secretary General vis-a-vis Article 11, paragraph 8, page 14 are null and void.
5. The making of Former President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Chief Gary Enwo Igariwey who was fingered in Ohanaeze foundation scandal of over 5 Billion Naira as the chairman of Electoral committee is unacceptable and rejected by over 30 million Igbo youths.
5. The purported suspension or removal of Barr. Uche Okwukwu is unconstitutional and a demonstration of impunity by Nnia nwodo led Executive Committee according to article 21 of Ohanaeze Ndigbo Constitution, which only powers the General Assembly of Ohanaeze Ndigbo to remove or suspend any member of National Executive Committee.
6.The Ohaneze Youth Council, OYC, shall positively mobilize Igbo youths by every means necessary to stop all form of illegality in the process of Ohanaeze Ndigbo election.
7. The OYC should be given a considerable slot in the constitution of delegates for the Ohanaeze Ndigbo Election.
8. The #250,000 registration fee for affiliates organization to enable them to participate in the election should be canceled immediately and make it free.
9. The #500,000 for picking of nomination form for Presidential candidates is not just expensive but very fraudulent to debar credible candidates from purchasing forms. Therefore nomination fee for Presidential candidates should not be more than #50,000.
ate endorsed, recommended by any government or any South-East governor is hereby rejected by over 30 million Igbo youth.
11. The Electoral Committee list generated by the south-East governors is hereby rejected, and if the committee continue to conduct the election, the result will be, “Ohanaeze South-East Governors Forum” not Ohanaeze Ndigbo”.
12. The Ohanaeze Foundation Scandal; That Ohanaeze Ndigbo should account for 5 billion and 20 million dollars raised by Goodluck Jonathan in 2010 to make Ohanaeze Ndigbo Ecomically viable, or see the wrath of over 30 million Igbo youths.
13. It is high time the youths took the bull by the horns, have stakes in the activities of Ohaneze as well as say no to all the ill happenings with the circle of Igbo race especially the Ohaneze elections.
14. Unqualified people should not be allowed to take up positions in the apex socio-cultural organization of Ndigbo based on wealth or connection but allowed based on the blueprints of such candidate for Ndigbo.
Communique Drafting Committee:
Dr. Chiesonu Iziga-Eruchalu
Comrade Igboayaka O Igboayaka
…National President OYC
Dr. Gift Nwanaga
National Secretary General OYC